Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Imagine No Malaria-Lenten Devotion Day 43: March 27


Wednesday, March 27, 2013: Trust 

John 13:21 “After he had said this, Jesus was troubled in spirit and testified, ‘Very truly I tell you, one of you is going to betray me.’” 

I am leading you along a road with curves and bends. The road is covered with snow, ice and potholes, and it looks like the bridge along the highway has broken down. You yearn to get to where you want to go: you want to reach your desired final destination, a place you have dreamt of for a long time. Follow Me and allow Me to direct your path. 

The road ahead may be covered with snow and ice, and the bridge along the highway may have broken down, but stay close to Me and allow Me to guide you and direct you. Learn to trust in Me when things go wrong, or when things do not work out your way. Hold tightly to Me: together, we can make it. 
There are times in my life when I felt like the bridge along the highway had broken down, and everything I wanted was becoming nearly impossible to reach. Things weren’t happening the way I wanted them to, but at that time I heard the voice of God speak to me: “I am your father and you are my child. Trust me.

When I heard the voice of God, my Father in heaven, I got the assurance that the Father can never leave His child and I as the child have to trust in my Father who placed me here on earth. Trusting my father rebuilt the bridge that was broken on my life’s highway, and I was able to move forward as God’s love melted the snow and ice ahead. 

Prayer: Holy Father, help me today to learn to trust you. You know how I struggle. I do long for your quite voice of assurance reminding me that I do not travel life’s paths alone. Help me, O God, to hear anew your voice of assurance today. 

Juliet Mpanja, Uganda 

No comments:

Post a Comment