On Sunday, January 27, Church Street will celebrate UMW Sunday. The United Methodist Women (UMW) at Church Street is a wonderful organization that allows its members to make the most of learning opportunities and mission education events, engage in a reading program to expand knowledge of mission at home and abroad, to be empowered by the history and heritage of the United Methodist Women, to develop new and meaningful friendships, and to enjoy the benefits of a Christian support group.
Questions? For additional details about Church Street's UMW, please contact Pat Bellingrath via email or by phone at (865) 591-6274. Read more below about UMW and how you can get involved!
The official purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Living the Vision, We:
- Provide opportunities and resources to grow spiritually, become more deeply rooted in Christ and put faith into action.
- Are organized for growth, with flexible structures leading to effective witness and action.
- Equip women and girls around the world to be leaders in communities, agencies, workplaces, governments and churches.
- Work for justice through compassionate service and advocacy to change unfair policies and systems.
- Provide educational experiences that lead to personal change in order to transform the world.
Who Are We?
- Ages 24 to 101
- Working moms, stay-at-home moms, grandmothers, caregivers, business women, nurses, teachers, professors, retirees
- Single, married, divorced, widowed
- Of Chinese, Caucasian, Hispanic, and African American heritage
- Committee members, Sunday School teachers, community volunteers
- Basically, we are just like you, busy people with hearts and hands for mission, and there is a place for you in United Methodist Women.
Women join to grow spiritually, educationally and intellectually; to be stimulated, to gain leadership experience, to meet other women and to be involved in mission in a number of ways. If you want to become a member, there is a place for you, and you are invited to join.
For membership information, call the church office at 524-3048 or Dawn von Wiesenstein at 244-6649, the UMW Membership Coordinator.